Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 6s Plus has problem syncing photos with iTunes

Hi there,

When I try to sync photos from my photo library to my iPhone via iTunes, i get the following error. Both my wife and I have just changed to the new iPhone 6s plus and we both are facing the same issue. Please help!

iTunes cannot sync photos to the iPhone “TT” because your Photos Library is not yet available. Please try again later.

Thanks,

Terrence

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:08 PM

Do you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer, 12.3? If not please update.

10 replies

Oct 7, 2015 8:03 AM in response to GreenApple88

Let's take this one at a time...

Are the pictures you are trying to sync from the computer to your iPhone visible on the computer? Under Window File Manager or Finder (Mac)?

What computer do you have, a Mac or a PC?

If a PC, is it Windows 10 by any chance? Issues with iTunes there....

If PC, what AntiVirus are you running? McAfee or Norton? If so shut them down temporarily. Make sure Real Time/Protection is OFF for now and then try iTunes again.

As a simple step to try first please do the following. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

BTW, unrelated to you, I may or may not be able to respond for a while. I and others have been having issues accessing new posts on the ASC website. I have reported this to the moderators who told me that they are working on the issue, that it is affecting many, but they do not have an ETA for a fix. This has been going on for 2 days now.

Oct 7, 2015 2:46 PM in response to GreenApple88

Open iTunes without your phone connected to it. Go to Preferences > Devices > and make sure that there is a check mark next to "Prevent iPods.... from syncing automatically". Do you really have 300 GBs of photos? That seems very large, I have 24,000 photos and they take up 58 GBs.

Take a look at this Apple article and please make sure you are following the steps:

Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

Also this thread:

Cannot sync photos "iPhoto library is not yet available"

Oct 8, 2015 8:03 AM in response to elcpu

Hi ,

1. I have used every generation of iPhone and hence, i am very familiar with how to sync the photos.

2. Both my wife and mine new iPhone 6s Plus have the same problem.

3. Checked iTunes as you have suggested and it is set as you have said.

4. I am not trying to sync 300GB of photo. There was no problem with it when I was using iPhone 6. By the way, I used to manage photos in different libraries until Apple trying to be smart and force us to shift from iPhoto to Photo. It was a terrible and painful process. Apple has no considerations into the inconveniences that it has cause to heavy users like me! If Photo cannot handle 300GB of photos, then I should stop using it and start shifting my photos into folders. This way, i don't have to use an iPhone anymore!

Anyway, it still DOES NOT WORK!

Oct 8, 2015 8:48 AM in response to GreenApple88

Hi Terrence,

Have you read the thread I linked above:

Cannot sync photos "iPhoto library is not yet available"

No help there, I take it... I have gone back and re-read every post on this thread and all I can offer at this point are the following:

1) You have brand new phones and should not have to put up with this. You phones come with 90 days of free AppleCare and I would call them and see if they can resolve your issue.

2) I cannot attest to this but El Capitan is supposed to have a much improved version of Photos. Maybe updating to it will help. I have not updated myself yet (still on OS X 10.10.5 on this MBP) waiting for the "dust" to settle.

3) I have a friend high up on this forum who is very knowledgeable with iTunes. After I finish this post I will email him and ask him to take a look at this thread. Maybe he can help...

4) You should provide feedback to Apple here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/ My understanding is that they read all posts and with your long customer history they should listen to you.

Good luck...

elcpu

🙂

New iPhone 6s Plus has problem syncing photos with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.