Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use Apple Music on Snow Leopard

I can't update to iTunes 12, so what are my options?

I have a 2006/7 iMac SN - 32bt

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 2:44 PM

Hi John,

I don't think there are any options available on a computer that don't require iTunes 12. I've read that there's a way to listen to Beats 1 radio on an Android phone, and of course on an iPhone you could update to iOS 9 (with the downside of not being able to "talk" to iTunes on the iMac). Sorry not to be of more help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Johntheone86

Hi John,

I don't think there are any options available on a computer that don't require iTunes 12. I've read that there's a way to listen to Beats 1 radio on an Android phone, and of course on an iPhone you could update to iOS 9 (with the downside of not being able to "talk" to iTunes on the iMac). Sorry not to be of more help.

Oct 6, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Johntheone86

There aren't any options. Not only does Apple Music require iTunes 12.2 or higher (and I believe 12.2 is no longer available, only 12.3 which requires OSX 10.8.5+), I seem to recall Apple Music itself has certain OS requirements and may not simply run on all machine capable of running iTunes 12.3 (I can't readily find this information).

How can I use Apple Music on Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.