Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i deleted my photos from mac after backing up with time capsule, now i do not find my photos even in time capsule, please guide me where am i wrong.

I deleted my photos from mac, after backing up with time capsule. Now i am not able to find my photos even in backup file of time capsule. Can you please guide me where am i wrong? It seems as if its accessing my mac photos when i am selecting the backup file. Another thing which i wanted to ask is, will it be the same case with my other important file. I bought timecapule to free my space from mac, but i thing its not solving the purpose.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 9:49 AM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2015 10:02 AM in response to Drishya padhiar

I bought timecapule to free my space from mac,

If you delete important data from your Mac, then you have no backup of the data. What will happen if the Time Capsule is not working correctly?

In other words, to have a minimum back up plan, you need to have a copy of your important data on two different hard drives. One drive can be your Mac and the other can be the Time Capsule.

If you have only one copy of your important data, you have no backup at all.

Where did you store the photos on your Mac before you deleted them from your Mac?

Oct 6, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Drishya padhiar

The images for iPhone are stored in the iPhoto Library. iPhoto has a special way of storing images, so you should post in the iPhoto support forum for specific instructions. Here is the link: iPhoto for Mac

The general process will go like this:

Open Time Machine and go back a few days

Navigate to the Pictures folder

Open the Pictures folder

Click on the iPhoto Library to highlight it

Click Restore

Please....do not delete the iPhoto Library from your Mac. It is extremely dangerous to do this.

i deleted my photos from mac after backing up with time capsule, now i do not find my photos even in time capsule, please guide me where am i wrong.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.