Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need a better way to store Photos

Hi,

I currently use an external WD My Passport to store all my Photos. I used this for iPhoto and now Photos.It saves space on my MBP however it seems to really slow my MBP down. Plugging in the Passport to load the library really shows a difference - I can't do anything else or running any other programmes as they seem to crash.

Im looking for a better way to store my photos - there are about 23K of them! The two ideas I'm looking at are a wireless adaptor for the Passport OR something like My Cloud from WD?

Wiresless adaptor - am I right in thinking this will enable me to access the content on the Passport over my home Wifi - how will this affect the running of my MBP, will this enable me to access and browse my photos any quicker?

My Cloud - this seems a good idea, no costs per month and I can access my photos from all devices. Does anyone use this? Can I open photos on my laptop to edit?

Thanks in advance for your advice .

Joe

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 9:41 AM

1 reply

Need a better way to store Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.