Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after Yosemite install MacBook pro goes to grey screen at start up

my computer work for a few weeks on Yosemite I discovered you couldn't shut off notifications or turn on do not disturb anymore for good and when he gets notifications interrupt everything I'm doing and because my computer is older and doesn't have a brand-new do quad core processor in it now when I started up it goes to gray screen the Bargos halfway across screen and then it goes black when I hit the power button it seems to turn on again and go to the gray screen and the same process starts all over

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:23 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 10:29 AM in response to Rattlesnaxe

You need to reset your NVRAM, see below.

Resetting NVRAM

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (), Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on your Mac.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
  5. Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
  6. Release the keys.

After resetting NVRAM, you may need to reconfigure settings for speaker volume, screen resolution, startup disk selection, and time zone information.

If issues related to these features continue on a desktop Mac (like an iMac, Mac mini or Mac Pro), its logic board battery may need to be replaced. The logic board battery on desktop computers helps retain NVRAM settings when your Mac is unplugged. You can take your Mac to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to replace the battery on the logic board.

after Yosemite install MacBook pro goes to grey screen at start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.