Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet and Wireless?

Hi all,

So, I have been using my iPhone 6 Plus as a remote for the 3rd generation Apple TV. Worked perfectly. Apple TV has been great in general except for random crashes (which cause Apple TV to immediately reboot) when streaming and random dropping/lag of content when using airplay. I read that I can get rid of the crashes and lag by using an Ethernet (rather than wireless) connection to my Apple router. I connected the Ethernet cable to the Apple router and it is like having a new Apple TV. SO much faster in every way!

Then came the problem. I can no longer use Airplay to stream from my iPhone or computers, and I can no longer use my iPhone (or Apple Watch) as a remote.

I had hoped that the Ethernet connection would be for streaming and that the wireless functionalities (Airplay/IOS Remote/bluetooth?) would still operate.

In the Remotes window on Apple TV, none of my IOS and Apple Watch remotes are available for pairing.

All OS versions are the latest, I rebooted after plugging in the Ethernet cable, and everything is on the same wireless network as usual.

Help?

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:07 AM

1 reply

Ethernet and Wireless?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.