Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone is stuck in recovery mode and will only restore. How can i restore my phone without losing all my pictures?

My phone just quit working so i put it into recovery mode. I tried to update it but it wouldn't work so now im forced to restore it, but i haven't backed up my phone lately so i will lose all my pictures. How do i restore my iphone without losing all my pictures that mean a lot to me.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 9:59 AM

5 replies

Oct 6, 2015 10:08 AM in response to koriiphone5s

Sorry, but you cannot. At this point your only option is to restore the device. If you do not already have a backup in place, then you will loose data. That is always the way, a backup needs to be in place before something goes awry. After something has happened is too late to think about a backup.

DId you previously enable iCloud backups? If so, those should have been updating automatically.

Oct 6, 2015 12:23 PM in response to koriiphone5s

koriiphone5s wrote:

Yes. My phone has been on iCloud backup for a while now but i always set it to just my contacts and not my pictures. I have about 8,000 pictures on my phone and it always took to long to backup all of them. My phone finally crashed last night/this morning and i urgently need the pictures on my phone for my clients.

As already said, sorry, but you've effectively lost them already. All you can do is restore now. There is no way to back them up now that you have the phone already disabled. It's too late to think about backing up now and there is no way to do it. Your photos are gone.

Phone is stuck in recovery mode and will only restore. How can i restore my phone without losing all my pictures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.