Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete not working in Mail.

Many of the emails that I am trying to delete do not delete 1st, 2nd, 3rd time. It also takes a long time to load messages. This is happening under the last 2 OS's, although it started with the latest OS. 1 machine has not been upgraded, yet.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:22 PM

Use El Capitan's swipe delete method.

OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) introduces the ability to swipe left on conversations in Mail.app in order to send them to trash:

6 replies

Oct 6, 2015 10:08 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Will a rebuild take care of this problem: sometimes I get this message after I "delete" some messages, in either OS.

The message “[New post] How to create your own Preset in Adobe Lightroom” could not be moved to the mailbox “Trash — iCloud”. An error occurred while moving messages to mailbox “Trash — iCloud”. After this message, when I go to close "mail', the "quit mail" is greyed out. I have to force quit the program. As I said before, this is on 2 different machines, one running 10.10, and the other 10.11.

Delete not working in Mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.