Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download photos from IPL onto my new iPhone?

I'm not entirely sure why this isn't working more seamlessly. I had a backup stored on iCloud and all of my photos & videos (19.8 gb worth) synced through iCloud Photo Library (optimization turned on, so it stored about 14-15gb?) on my iPhone 6. Just received my 6s yesterday and backup restored perfectly and beautifully, but my media is in a very confused state. I had assumed that once I set everything up, all the photos and videos from IPL would automatically download onto my phone. This time I have optimization turned off since I went up to 128 gb on my phone.

While the photos are all showing in my camera roll, they're not downloaded locally from what I can tell. Photos and videos take up only 6gb so far. If I open a video, I will get the little loading sign while it (I assume) downloads and plays. Longer videos of course take longer to download. How do I get my new iPhone to completely download everything that is on IPL?

I can't have it keep downloading mainly because 1) I feel like this takes up a lot of bandwidth 2) I'm a dancer, most of the videos I have are 4-10 minutes long and I constantly go back and review them while I'm training. The studio is located in a dead zone for most cell phone networks so having to download these videos from iCloud just takes way too much time.

thanks for any help!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:50 AM

7 replies

Oct 7, 2015 1:19 AM in response to kickingheads

Then I'm a little confused by your opening statement...

I had a backup stored on iCloud and all of my photos & videos (19.8 gb worth) synced through iCloud Photo Library (optimization turned on, so it stored about 14-15gb?) on my iPhone 6

If you are using iCloud Photo library your photos don't get backed up through iCloud back up. It may well be nothing but while I can't be sure of what is enabled and what isn't, I can't be sure if things are working as they should or not.

How do I download photos from IPL onto my new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.