Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant transfer my purchased app

i cant transfer my purchased app from my iPad to my mac.my iOS is 9 and mac is El capitan .please help me

i choose transfer purchased from iTunes but it dosent work

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 9:53 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 12:16 PM in response to Amin9393

With iOS 9 apps no longer seem to transfer, possibly due to a new developer function called 'app thinning' :

The store and operating system optimize the installation of iOS, tvOS, and watchOS apps by tailoring app delivery to the capabilities of the user’s particular device, with minimal footprint. This optimization, called app thinning, lets you create apps that use the most device features, occupy minimum disk space, and accommodate future updates that can be applied by Apple. Faster downloads and more space for other apps and content provides a better user experience.

Not sure whether it's been introduced yet, but it will mean that a device will only have what is required for the app on that device. sYou will need to download them on your computer's iTunes to get them in its library

i cant transfer my purchased app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.