Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic Sync Issues With Windows 10

Hi

I have recently updated to a new Windows 10 computer and am having issues syncing my iPod Classic 160GB.

I have re loaded iTunes twice and made sure the driver is up to date.

What happens is, I connect the iPod and iTunes will open and within about 10 seconds the iPod tells me it has synced and disconnects. However, it has not synced!

In iTunes the iPod can still be seen but in my computer the iPod is no longer visible.

I went on line with a Window 10 help adviser who took control of my computer and then advised me that my iPod may not be compatible with Windows 10! Can this be the case?

Any help with this issue would be great.

Regards

Simon

iPod classic, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:38 AM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 12:38 PM in response to s4cs4c

I had the same issue but realized after ejecting the iPod and reconnecting it that Windows shortly display a prompt to analyze and repair the iPod, and before you reply to it, iTunes will not be able to "see" the iPod. make sure you reply to the prompt and you could be good to go. I think the message might also appear in the Notification center.

iPod Classic Sync Issues With Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.