Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I phone 5s, ios 9.0.2 - battery die fast. Its life is only less than 5 hours. what could be the reason and how can i rectify this?

My I phone 5s, ios 9.0.2 - battery die fast. Its life is only less than 5 hours. what could be the reason and how can i rectify this?

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:31 PM

Basics from the manual are restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new.

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 8:28 AM in response to gdgmacguy

I suggest you log an incident call with Apple.

i have the same problem, iphone 5s with 9.0.2 and the battery went from 20% to 3 % right in front of my eye while using it!

Logged the call and ask to restore 9.0.2 which I did but today its still draining to fast and jumps, so for example was at 45% for ages while using it. stopped using it a few minutes then picked it up and it went to 33%.

I think there is something wrong with the algorithm that they have used in the 5S, that or the a/d converters that work out the battery volts has a glitch with the new software.

I down graded to 8.4.1 and it worked fine, but now I tried 9.0.2 again the fault is back and now I can't downgrade as apple have stopped singing it.

I'm due a call back today from apple support to see if it is fixed so will be telling them NO its not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.