Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

/mydevices not accessible by new users

Another new surprise of the latest OS X Server: new users don't seem to have permission to /mydevices. I compared the new user account with other, older accounts that do have access, and the only difference was that the older users belong to the group "Deprecated Profile Manager". But this group is a local group, and so there appears to be no way to add this group to the new Network User account. The only way I could get past this was to add the groups "Everyone" and "Network Users" to the "Deprecated Profile Manager" group (not sure which of the two was the one that did it).

Am I the only one who is cursed by every single upgrade? I'm running a very stock server here. No Active Directory, no special anything. Just default everything with a bunch of network users. It seems like the only sure fire way to have a healthy OS X Server is to reinstall it all from scratch for every single version upgrade...

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:03 AM

1 reply

/mydevices not accessible by new users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.