Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp can't be installed

Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro 13 inch late 2009. Anyway, the end user wants this computer to be Windows only for some reason. I tried using SCCM but after the OS is installed the Mac reboots and just sits there with a blank screen. Next I tried installing Windows manually which goes well except the NIC driver and the USB drivers are not installed and therefore I can't access the bootcamp setup files.

Does anyone know how I can get around this issue?

Thanks,

Rich

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:32 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 12:14 PM in response to rmart_RRCC

Your 2009 Mac is preUEFI machine. For Windows to work, it needs a Hybrid MBR, so the disk should be formatted as GPT and partitioned with BCA.

Can you install OS X on an external USB flash disk (not an external hard disk) and boot from it and run BCA to install Windows? Let BCA use the entire internal disk. Test to see if it works correctly. The black screen could be due to any number of different issues.

Bootcamp can't be installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.