Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing media: currupted files

I've imported the media I shot on a Sony FS700 directly from the SD Card into a library in FCP. As soon as it was done importing, I checked all the clips for any issues just like I'm used to do every time I import new media, and it was all normal.

Some days after I was going to begin editing and I notice that about 85% of the clips were corrupted. It playbacks only the first 2 seconds of the clip, then it freezes. When I open the original media in Finder, it happens the same thing.

As I checked the media after importing, I'm assuming the issue is in the softwere, and I can't seem to recover the files. I can't recover the files from the card either because I've formated and reused it.

I'm not able to the deliver the film to the client. Can anyone help me?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:40 AM

4 replies

Oct 6, 2015 11:00 AM in response to eyedroptv

Is this 4K? What are your system specs?

In the Finder, right click the library>Show Package Contents><event>folder>Original Media. Open one of your clips in QuickTime or VLC. Does it play?

If it doesn't, in FCP, right click one of the clips and choose the Transcode Media option, When given the choice create both Optimized and Proxy. Try playing the clip. If it doesn't play, switch to Proxy and try again.

You may be getting some advice and comments from others about import workflow and backup best practices..

Russ

Oct 6, 2015 1:27 PM in response to eyedroptv

Not encouraging. AFAIK, nothing esoteric about the Sony recording format for 1080…AVCHD, which recent versions of FCP X work well with.

I doubt very much that it was a software problem. Possibly the card or the connection between the card and the Mac.

There is a corrupt clip repair utility in the Digital Rebellion suite of apps,Pro Maintenance Tools. Give it a try. There is a trial version.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to suggest. Perhaps someone else will chime with an idea.

Russ

Importing media: currupted files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.