Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iPod touch 6th gen worth it?

I have the 4th gen iPod touch and recently came back to it, because my S4 did something to my SD card so I can't delete or add music and the music sounded bad with my Urbanites, but with the iPod touch it sounded amazing. I forgot how good it sounded. It's only 8GB, and I want to know is the 6th Gen worth it? Should I buy one? and should I go 32 GB. I'd like to when I have cash, but I don't know if I should since I have a working 4th gen that still works perfect (it's stuck on 6.1.6 and it's slower, but working)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:08 PM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2015 12:22 PM in response to CursedDice

There are many better features with the 6th Gen iPod Touch over the 4th, the main one being support for iOS 9 and all the features it brings. However you will have to think whether it is worth it for you and if you can put up with how slow your current iPod is now. If you do choose to upgrade, are you using the whole 8GB on your current model? That will help you to decide if you really need 32GB, because the base model is 16GB.

Oct 6, 2015 12:38 PM in response to lllaass

I have 651 mb left on my iPod and I think that's because I deleted a tonne of apps a while ago, because there wasn't space to fit my pictures, music and apps. There's a tonne of photos missing and none of my movies are on it either. I think I was going to pick 16 GB when I bought it, but I was just starting uni so I had virtually no money

Oct 7, 2015 5:45 AM in response to CursedDice

I was considering buying an iPod touch, but a wild unlocked Lumia 950 appeared. It would solve multiple issues, because my phone became increasingly broken over the 2 years I've had it. 99% of the time it's fine, but battery drain is pretty bad, it sometimes gets stuck in reboot loops, if it runs down completely and you don't charge to at least 20% it will fail to stay on (it will start and reboot immediately), had signal issues too, and poor quality music audio (my iPod matches/bests it even when my phone is running an EQ (and I can create amazing sound EQs) and my iPod is running flat) and of course the SD card thing I've already mentioned

My current iPod touch works perfect, but is pretty slow, is stuck on 6.1.6 and is low on space. Then again, the 6th Gen touch comes in red 😝

Is iPod touch 6th gen worth it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.