Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

non-AirPrint Printer use with iOS devices and Mac OS X Server ?

I am getting request for Printing from iPads. I started to probe into it and immediately encountered "AirPrint-specific Printers" as a requirement. I have no AirPrint-specific Printers, and do not want to have a special class of Printers just to print from iPads.

Is there a respectable way to get my Mac Server 4.1.5 to support iOS-Printing for all my Wi-Fi connected iPads on the same Network ??

Mac Pro (Early 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), & MacBook Pro, AppleTalk Printers

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:20 PM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2015 2:06 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I found this online but have yet to try it: http://www.netputing.com/handyprintpro

Looks very cool, and works on a server (or so it says). price is right too, its donation ware, so just give them a donation if you like it. I will most likely give this one a shot as the price is right.

I also found FingerPrint 2 and Printopia. each are $20. let me know which one works for you.

Oct 7, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Ricky Riccardi

I saw a few of those utilities in an initial search, as well as a few Hardware devices.

I found the Hardware devices especially ironic because the idea is to provide the same services to iDevice Users, not to move them into an internment camp, subject to the whims (including throughput limitations) of some Hardware stunt box.

But most ironic of all is the software bundled with certain Linksys Routers, that runs on a Mac and provides AirPrint to "regular" Printer support. I have some Apple Routers, and they provide sleep proxy services, but there does not appear to be any software from Apple that provides print support on anything but "toy" AirPrint-specific Printers available on the Network.

non-AirPrint Printer use with iOS devices and Mac OS X Server ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.