Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back-up 'Thunderbird' e-mails?

Hi

I have an iMac and use Time Machine for backing-up. When I bought the iMac I used Mail as my e-mail tool, but I had all sorts of problems with it so switched to Thunderbird (which I find much better). I store to-be-retained e-mails 'within' Thunderbird using its 'Local Folders' facility, where I have a structured set of folders, sub-folders, sub-sub-folders etc.
From what I can work out, Time Machine does not back-up anything in 'Local Folders', never mind Thunderbord's standard folders such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent etc. Is this True?

Assuming it is, I've contacted the Thunderbird support community for guidance as to how to back-up, and I've had a response from a non-Mac user. He's pointed me to some documentation, the key point being that I'm to back-up my Thunderbird 'profile' which can be supposedfully found in Macintosh HD/Users/john (my username)/Library. There's a problem here in that I can get to
Macintosh HD/Users/john, but within 'john' there's no 'Library'.

Help please.

Regards

John Bugler

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:21 AM

There are no replies.

How do I back-up 'Thunderbird' e-mails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.