Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a macbook pro 2011, 4 gb ram running mavericks, all was fine till last month when it started lagging, the spinning beach ball every few seconds......i have 52 gb free space and very few items on my dock, very few softwares

i have a macbook pro 2011, 4 gb ram running mavericks, all was fine till last month when it started lagging, the spinning beach ball every few seconds......i have 52 gb free space and very few items on my dock, very few softwares. I mainly use it for browsing and documentation. My mac had a fall two months ago a slight dent on the screen edge but no problem with the machine. only the superdrive is not reading any cds/dvds. I have repaired disk, it says all ok, even superdrive is ok. Maybe the lens is damaged or dusty. But can a slight fall make it lag? Please help.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), No damage

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:55 AM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 1:00 PM in response to pkr123

You may have picked up some adware

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (formally AdwareMedic)

<https://www.malwarebytes.org/>

You could also post the output from EtreCheck, and someone on the forum will try to analyze it

<https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6174>

Also look at Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor for processes that are running wild.

And look at Applications -> Utilities -> Console for frequently repeating entries that may indicate a process is starting, dying, starting, dying, starting, wash, rinse, repeat. This type of dying process will not show up in Activity Monitor.

i have a macbook pro 2011, 4 gb ram running mavericks, all was fine till last month when it started lagging, the spinning beach ball every few seconds......i have 52 gb free space and very few items on my dock, very few softwares

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.