Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.0.2 causes iPad to freeze, takes forever to load, doesn't delete cookies

I have had multiple problems since installing the iOS 9.0.1 (somehow it now installed 9.0.2 without my permission) on my iPad. I was forced to install the iOS 9.0.1 because my paid iCloud service completely stopped working on iOS 8.0.4 and would not work and when I was forced to do a re-install it did so with iOS 9. Now, my iPad constantly freezes and won't even allow me to close the page or open apps. The circular icon goes around and around and around for several minutes when trying to open a new website in safari. It doesn't copy things when I click to copy and paste, it just keeps copying an old thing I copied earlier. The cookies and safari web data will not delete in my settings. When I delete them, it shows more remaining and I have to go in and remove those and some of them will not delete. Now, when I open a new website page, everything disappears before opening the new page. The iOS 9 has caused complete instability in my iPad operating system. I have already done all the little tricks suggested to improve function such as turning on reduce motion, etc. and it is only getting worse.

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:34 AM

There are no replies.

iOS 9.0.2 causes iPad to freeze, takes forever to load, doesn't delete cookies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.