Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The absence in iOS of documents and data in settings

What is the reason why Apple Inc since the inception of IOS has not made available a simple mtethod for deleting whatever is contained in the area under settings 'documents and data'. I am currently using an iPad Air 32GB running iOS 9.0.2 -, not jail-broken at.

Example: user wishes to delete a file in Keynote. User deletes file. File vanishes iwithin application.

But...

Go to 'Settings'- General- Storage and iCloud- Manage Storage. Select application ,in this case Keynote, and what I find is a continually growing 'Documents and Data' dialogue box with documents and data I cannot access let alone delete.

When the user deletes a file in iOS, I am given to believe that due to encryption the file becomes randomised garbage irrecoverable to all except computer forensics. ( How can we really know?)

...and why has Apple Inc removed third party utilities like iShredder from ProtectStar from doing a rather good job of trash collection in IOS? If anyone has purchased this utility, have they experienced its sudden removal from the AppStore and the 'Purchased' list?

In summary, I have two concerns : security and usability.

iPad Air, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:47 AM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 2:35 PM in response to PDP-11

PDP-11 wrote:

have they experienced its sudden removal from the AppStore and the 'Purchased' list?

I've read elsewhere that recently Purchased apps disappeared. Some people thought Apple had changed its policy, but it turned out to be a temporary glitch. So you might check again to see whether your previous purchases are still there.

SG

The absence in iOS of documents and data in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.