Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad upgrade to 9.0.2, battery won't recharge.

Since I upgraded to 9.0.2 (from 8.xx) the iPad will not recharge. It hovers at 20% battery, and after a night plugged in, still at 20%. Wonderful! I have also had wifi connectivity issues, but that's for another thread. Are there any fixes to these issues? I'm thinking of downgrading if necessary. Thanks for any tips.

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:01 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 12:52 PM in response to Christopher Davis2

I had this problem with my iPhone 5C after the update. I had to press and hold the power and home button at the same time. After resetting, it started charging properly. I read that Apple stopped signing earlier versions, so you can't revert back anymore. I tried iOS 9 on my iPad 2, but the apps kept crashing so frequently that several were unplayable (I did reset, and even tried deleting and reinstalling one of the apps even though it meant a loss of progress and that did not help). Hope this helps your charging problem.

iPad upgrade to 9.0.2, battery won't recharge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.