Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having a problem importing from P2 card reader

So this just started to happen for no reason. Everything was working the last time I used FCP 5.1.4 a week ago.

As soon as I ask to import P2 card I get kicked out with an error message that the problem maybe because of libMXF_SDK_r.3.2.0.132dylib Plug-in

Would appreciate some assistance with this issue. I tried it on 2, MacPro 3.1 with the same results. Need to download my P2 cards for a project.

Final Cut Pro 6, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:14 AM

17 replies

Oct 6, 2015 8:20 PM in response to Studio X

Studio X

I am not familiar with that procedure, maybe you can explain what to do.

I shot some video on a P2 card today and was successful on importing it in FCP project today.

Tried the other card and got the same result as before, FCP quit unexpectedly with the error code libMXF_SDK_r.3.2.0.132.dyllib Plug in as probable cause.

Hopefully the video is not lost on this card and it can be successfully added to the project.

Oct 7, 2015 11:53 AM in response to moviemaker peter

This is the tapeless workflow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhDnyWFAM10

How do you back up the cards? Simple...make a new folder....name it a unique name...then open up the P2 card, and drag EVERYTHING at the root level of the card into this folder. The entire CONTENTS folder and LASTCLIP.txt file. EVERYTHING. don't go digging, get everything. If you don't get everything, FCP wont' import it.

Having a problem importing from P2 card reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.