Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan, How to modify com.apple.Boot.plist ?

I Would like to add the flag darkwake=0 on El Capitan.

I need this to fully wake on lan my iMac...

I've tryed too edit it with sudo vim ....

I even tryed to reboot in recovery mode, modify the file (successfully) and reboot again. After that the file as returned to his origin state 😟

Is there's a way to edit it, or at least, another way to set darkwake=0 ?

Thank's a lot 🙂

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:54 PM

I wonder if this part of a new OS X feature: System Integrity Protection (SIP)

From recovery you need to run the command

csrutil disable

csrutil enable

http://www.macworld.com/article/2986118/security/how-to-modify-system-integrity- protection-in-el-capitan.html

11 replies

Jul 4, 2016 3:54 AM in response to drongal

drongal wrote:

Hi Jeyflip,

Any success with your problem?

I need to modify com.apple.Boot.plist to have my apple superdrive working fine with my imac:/

As mentioned by Linc Davis with regards to jeyflip's own original query you can do these settings via NVRAM rather than having to modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file itself. The following is the command I have historically used to enable support for the Apple SuperDrive.

sudo /usr/sbin/nvram boot-args="mbasd=1"

mbasd stands for MacBook Air SuperDrive which of course was the original USB SuperDrive.

I will however also point out that I have not tried this with the current model SuperDrive under El Capitan. Costs you nothing to try though.

El Capitan, How to modify com.apple.Boot.plist ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.