Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text reply screen sometimes Black? I have OS 9.0.2, and apple watch. Sometimes my text screen, when replying, is all black with white letters. Seems to be with family only? Is this a new feature for my "favorites?"

Text reply screen sometimes Black? I have OS 9.0.2, and apple watch. Sometimes my text screen, when replying, is all black with white letters. Seems to be with family only? Is this a new feature for my "favorites?" There are other colors on the screen...green and maybe blue. Everything works fine, and I have not been able to recreate...it just does it sometimes randomly (or so it seems).

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:57 AM

4 replies

Oct 6, 2015 3:19 PM in response to Tdltulsa

I was able to recreate the issue by going into Settings > Notifications > Messages > "Alert style while unlocked" > Alerts.

It looks like this is a change since iOS 9.0.2

If you're wanting to see the reply screen in the Messages app the way it used to be, you can change the "Alert style while unlocked" to Banner. This will result in the following:

-you get a text while you're using another app or while your device is unlocked

-you get a banner notification for a text message

-when you tap the notification, it will open up the reply in the Messages app

Otherwise, this isn't anything to worry about, especially if your device is running fine.

Text reply screen sometimes Black? I have OS 9.0.2, and apple watch. Sometimes my text screen, when replying, is all black with white letters. Seems to be with family only? Is this a new feature for my "favorites?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.