Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are my iPad photos safe?

Can someone get into my photos I haven't shared? My iCloud & the recently-deleted file are both empty if that makes a difference. Recently while I was doing something not App Store related, the App Store repeatedly opened with a game I didn't own pulled up until I had to shut down. Then Apple & Verizon both sent a message that I needed to change my password. Now I am a bit paranoid. My iPad is a couple of years old & I just end installed IOS 9.0.2 on it. If there is a better place to post this, please let me know. Thanks for your help!

iPad, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:28 PM

5 replies

Oct 6, 2015 4:44 PM in response to Demo

Actually they each told me I needed to change my password when I tried to log in. Either Apple told me it was because of a security alert or I remember it that way because of the game that kept pulling up in the App Store. Right after that I found a small fraudulent charge to my credit card that has since been repaid. They won't respond as to where they got my number or how they know it was fraudulent. Now I log out of Facebook, clear all my history & turn off my wifi when I am not using my iPad. I still want to know if someone could get access to my photos I don't share & to those that have been deleted. Thanks for responding.

Oct 6, 2015 5:57 PM in response to Justdj1

Justdj1 wrote:

Recently while I was doing something not App Store related, the App Store repeatedly opened with a game I didn't own pulled up until I had to shut down. `

What were you doing? Were you using a web browser? It sounds as if you had a pop-up ad/scam. It sounds like a phishing attempt to get your passwords. Go to Settings>Safari and erase you history. If you mean something else, please explain.

Oct 6, 2015 5:59 PM in response to Justdj1

Justdj1 wrote:

Right after that I found a small fraudulent charge to my credit card that has since been repaid.

If you recently set up your Apple ID or changed the method of payment, you would see a $1 (or equivalent in local currency) charge on your card. That would have been a verification hold. Once your card is verified, the hold is released.

Oct 6, 2015 7:18 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

This was the first time I remember having something pop up like that. I was trying to read an article, one without an app for me to download so I wasn't causing the store to open. A game was pulled up ready for me to hit the "get" button which, of course, I didn't do. I couldn't read the article because it kept opening over & over so I shut my iPad down. The $7.50 charge on my card was for some site that I had never heard of, a computer data image processing service. They reversed it but you could only reach them by email & they won't tell me where they got my card info. All of this has me concerned about whether my photos are safe & just what can people get to on my iPad that I don't know about. Like I told Demo above, now I log out of Facebook when I'm not looking at it & when I am not using my iPad, I clear my browser history & even turn off wifi. Thanks for responding.

Are my iPad photos safe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.