Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro downloads links on the internet that I click?

Hello, I've had my Macbook Pro for about 2 and 1/2 years now. Recently, I've been browsing the internet and sometimes when I click on a link, Safari automatically downloads the link. I also remember a suspicious file on my desktop that seemed to be a link to an internet page. I think it was titled "4 other people". I am not sure what it was so I deleted it. This occurred a couple months back. Should I be worried? Also what sorts of symptoms should I be looking for to suspect malware activity? My screen sometimes turns white and sometimes the screen display color turns converts from the regular display color to a light blue color. This occurred after an update so I'm not sure if it deals with malware.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 2:28 PM

You can look for suspicious processes in activity monitor. Malware might slow your mac and reduce performance. If you see a process you don't know (google is your friend here) you can find the program that it corresponds to and delete it if you don't know/use/trust it. If you cant figure out if a process is good or bad you can post it here (although I'm no expert in this other people on this forum are).

Do the screen flickers happen regularly or when a certain program is opened or after any specific action?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 2:28 PM in response to thehungrysage

You can look for suspicious processes in activity monitor. Malware might slow your mac and reduce performance. If you see a process you don't know (google is your friend here) you can find the program that it corresponds to and delete it if you don't know/use/trust it. If you cant figure out if a process is good or bad you can post it here (although I'm no expert in this other people on this forum are).

Do the screen flickers happen regularly or when a certain program is opened or after any specific action?

My macbook pro downloads links on the internet that I click?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.