Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 6S delivered with an invalid sim card for Verizon? Help!

I ordered a new iPhone 6S and decided to switch my carrier from AT&T to Verizon and keep my old phone number. Upon powering on the new phone and following the onscreen instructions, it instructed me to call Verizon to activate the new service and displayed my current phone number and an order confirmation number. When I called Verizon, after giving the representative all the relevant serial numbers for the phone and my personal information, they said my sim card was not valid for activiation with Verizon and that I needed to wait for them to send me a new sim card even though when I turned on the phone it displayed Verizon and also my current phone number that I was switching over.

The instruction I received was to insert the new sim card and set up the phone under a new random phone number and then call Verizon to switch the phone number to my old number from my old carrier. This sounds odd to me.

I am concerned that the rep may have missed something. The only explanation I received for this was that "people make mistakes".

Does anyone know what to do here or has anyone ever heard of this issue? Is there someone I can speak to at Apple to verify this information?

Thanks

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:17 PM

2 replies

New iPhone 6S delivered with an invalid sim card for Verizon? Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.