Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 9 with Yosemite, serious cookie problem

I updated to Safari 9 while still on Yosemite, and now the cookies cannot be stopped - there seems to be a serious problem with the new Safari. Regardless of how I set the cookie policy under Safari > Preferences > Privacy, hundreds of cookies quickly accumulate (in a few minutes) and drive the CPU load very high. This is true even if I set Safari to "always block" cookies. If I remove all website data, the cookies just keep accumulating. Is there a good solution for fixing this? I never before experienced a cookie problem with version 8 of Safari.

MacBook Air (13-inch Late 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:01 PM

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 6:01 PM in response to FiveCats

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Safari 9 with Yosemite, serious cookie problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.