Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync problem after upgrading to ios9

Hi,

I am not able to sync or backup my data after upgrading to ios9 i have tried upgrading the itunes to latest version but the problem still remains

Please Help!!

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:45 PM

3 replies

Jan 3, 2016 3:57 AM in response to ammarfromlayyah

Its been so long since I've been able to sync Calendars without first deleting all calendar files from the library in OSX that I cant be bothered anymore. Occasionally contacts will sync, but mostly not. I've learned to not use the calendar app on the MacBook Air any more. It also says during 'syncing' copy error to SSD. Basically Apple's lost the plot here judgi from the thousands of unanswered complaints from users all over the world. Basically, it just doesn't work if you have any serious quantities of data. Perhaps there is still a third-party app such as Markspace? But frankly, my laptop's main purpose now is only to backup my iPhone and iPad since it's now useless for personal data transfer.

Jan 3, 2016 4:40 AM in response to real jg

No.. I prefer local data storage and have little faith or trust in the security of iCloud. I'm based in Europe where we have data protection laws that make it our personal responsibility to keep 3rd party data secure. Since iCloud data is stored in the US where, apparently, any government agency can gain access by squeaking "National Security!" there are serious trust issues, as in I don't trust the integrity of my own Government, let alone the US's! The bottom line is that Apple need to fix this, and if they cannot they need to own up and acknowledge their technical problems; they are being experienced by a lot of their customers. Thanks for your kind response:-)

Sync problem after upgrading to ios9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.