Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change title names/artists on iTunes 12.3?

I'm unable to change the title/artist names of music I downloaded from iTunes. I've searched for the answer online but every solution given was for Windows using Internet Explorer, either of which I have or use. I tried right-clicking and going into Get Info but the files are in a "read-only" format which prevents me from making the changes I want. Is there any way around this using an iMac? Thank you.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 1:28 PM

5 replies

Oct 7, 2015 6:08 PM in response to Timothy Matson

Sorry, I didn’t pay close enough attention to your first post...

(Windows Explorer is the same as the Finder is in Mac OS. It’s not a web browser).

Quit iTunes.

Go to your Music folder in the Finder.

Select iTunes folder then right click > Get info.

Select your user, make sure it is set to Read & Write, then click the gear icon and Apply to enclosed items...

Oct 7, 2015 6:41 PM in response to Chris CA

Thanks for the reply. I followed your instructions but it was already in "Read & Write". I clicked it again just to be sure and then clicked on the gear icon below but the 3 choices (including Apply to Enclosed Items) were all in grey, which as you know, makes the user unable to choose any of them. The thing is, I can change the names/titles in iTunes but not to the ones I've purchased. You used to be able to do that before they reverted to the Cloud. Perhaps it has something to do with property rights, who knows.

How can I change title names/artists on iTunes 12.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.