Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Configurator Errors

So basically what I need to do is copy the configurator supervision to multiple Mac Minis. Our company does not currently support iOS 9 so we have multiple iPads (both iPad Air and Air 2) supervised to one "master" mac mini. All Mac Minis are running 10.10.5 with Apple Configurator version 1.7.2. and all iPads are running iOS 8.4.1 and we CANNOT update to iOS 9 (Company Apps are not compatible).

So the idea here was to copy over the folders that contain the Configurator Data to the various Mac Mini that will be deployed in the future. This way we can set up the iPads with necessary apps and profiles without having to update when they are first prepared.

So when we tried this folders copied over were:

• ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.configurator/
  • ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain
  • /var/db/lockdown

So everything looks good and the iPads connect to the Mac no problem and show under the supervision tab, but the problem we are having is that every iPad, when going to make a change says "Unable to verify supervision state".

Any idea what we are missing here?

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:42 PM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2015 5:00 PM in response to scrowley

As far as I'm aware you can't do what you're proposing, Apple configurator will only work from one machine not multiple machines

if you supervise or manage using Apple configurator. This may have changes with ios9 and the new version of Apple configurator

You'd be better of with a MDM solution to manage the devices OTA such as Apples profile manager which is part of OSX server

There are also a number of free MDM solutions

Oct 15, 2015 6:33 AM in response to scrowley

I am having a similar issue with my Apple Configurator... All of my iPads are at 8.4.1 and I am running Apple Configurator 1.7.2, we are unable to upgrade to iOS 9 at this time due to a few Apps that are not compatible. Every time I connect an iPad to set-up or update apps I get the "unable to verify the supervision state" error. I did an experiment and it will let me set-up or add apps if I let the iPad update to iOS 9 but if I select "never update" as we have done in the past when we are not ready to upgrade the iOS that is when I get the error.

Has anyone figured out a solution for this yet?

User uploaded file

Restore Configurator Errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.