Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi signal going in and out from Airport Extreme

I am currently experiencing problems with a fairly new Airport Extreme. The Ethernet/wifi connection keeps on cutting out on a regular basis. I connected my iMac directly to the modem, all worked well. Connected the Airport Extreme to the modem and the iMac via Ethernet to the Airport and signal kept on cutting in and out. The system was working perfectly before for about 1 year now.

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 1:28 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 1:34 PM in response to cooldaddy5x

Is the modem an SB6121 or 6141, just by co-incidence.. they are known problems??

But the Airports TC and AC models are the same.. both have issues with WAN port on certain model modems..

So tell us the modem.. is it a gateway?? If so the fix is simple.. the AE should be in bridge.. plug the ethernet from modem router to LAN port instead of WAN.. that should fix it..

Unfortunately if you have a pure modem.. eg the model stated above there is no fix. One or the other needs replacing.

wifi signal going in and out from Airport Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.