Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move scanned tiff from windows 7 side to IOS 10.6 side.

Not sure I'm in the right spot for this question. I've got a scanner that works with my windows 7 but not with 10.6. I'd like to scan in images in widows 7 and take tiffs to mac side to clean up in photoshop. When I've tried dragging and dropping to other desktop they are all black when opened in photoshop. Same result when I save to thumbdrive and then try to reopen in mac photoshop. Any help would be appreciated. 🙂

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 1:58 PM

There is no such thing as IOS 10.6. IOS the operating system for IOS devices such as iPhones, iPads & iPods. OS X is the operating system for Macintoshes, the current release is 10.11 (El Capitan). OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) is a much older version of OS X. I believe the last Mac that came with Snow Leopard were 2011 Macs.

To answer your question get the file from the Windows box to the Mac and then use the Preview App (Applications - Preview) to open it. You can also right click the file and select Open With and then choose Preview or you can simply drag the file to the Preview icon in the Dock. Once open in Preview you may need to save it in a format Photoshop can understand.

Regarding your scanner, it may work just fine with OS X. Use the Image Capture app you already have in OS X to scan the document and then you wont have to go through all these gyrations. If you are not familiar with IC then please click Mac Basics: Using a scanner - Apple Support If for some reason the scanner cannot be found then check to see if your scanner is supported by VueScan (www.hamrick.com), it likely is.

From what I can tell you are making your work flow much more difficult than need be.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 1:58 PM in response to Boom61

There is no such thing as IOS 10.6. IOS the operating system for IOS devices such as iPhones, iPads & iPods. OS X is the operating system for Macintoshes, the current release is 10.11 (El Capitan). OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) is a much older version of OS X. I believe the last Mac that came with Snow Leopard were 2011 Macs.

To answer your question get the file from the Windows box to the Mac and then use the Preview App (Applications - Preview) to open it. You can also right click the file and select Open With and then choose Preview or you can simply drag the file to the Preview icon in the Dock. Once open in Preview you may need to save it in a format Photoshop can understand.

Regarding your scanner, it may work just fine with OS X. Use the Image Capture app you already have in OS X to scan the document and then you wont have to go through all these gyrations. If you are not familiar with IC then please click Mac Basics: Using a scanner - Apple Support If for some reason the scanner cannot be found then check to see if your scanner is supported by VueScan (www.hamrick.com), it likely is.

From what I can tell you are making your work flow much more difficult than need be.

How do I move scanned tiff from windows 7 side to IOS 10.6 side.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.