Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open DNS, router logs and certain iOs apps

This did not used to be the case. I do not know exactly when it first began. At one time, if you blocked video sharing via OpenDNS, the youtube app would not work as well as not being able to view youtube videos in a browser. At one time, if social networking sites were blocked, you could not use facebook in the app. Now, it seems these apps have figured out a way to access content that does not allow parents to block their use on a schedule using services like OpenDNS unless the app itself is not installed. Accessing these sites and their content is not possible via a browser.

In addition to these services not being blocked when you use their apps, no logs appear in my router logs that even indicates someone went to facebook or youtube. I find that rather odd.

I figured I would be more likely to get an answer to this dilemma in the developer forum and couldn't figure out any other category to which to post this.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), (27-inch Late 2009), 16 GB RAM

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 12:52 PM

There are no replies.

Open DNS, router logs and certain iOs apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.