Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes "a problem has caused the program to stop working" message when closing

Please help!

Have successfully installed the latest version of iTunes but have an error "a problem has caused the program to stop working" when I close iTunes. This error appears just after the library tries to save. I have read and tried some solutions like moving the QTMovieWin.dll file (not there for me!) and uninstalling other apple programs (didn't help), re-installing iTunes and also opening iTunes while disconnected from the network.

Can anyone please help? I'm on Windows 8.1 x64

Best, Mike

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 1:29 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 6:43 PM in response to Sausage2015

Did you follow turingtest2's Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates?

The fact that the problem occurs when you close iTunes sounds very much like a long-standing issue reported by Vista users that was unfortunately never solved except by downgrading iTunes (which would mean no iOS 9 support among other things). Have you clicked "view problem details" to see what it says? I'm especially curious about the Fault Module (it was ole32.dll for the Vista issue when it didn't rise to StackHash proportions).

iTunes "a problem has caused the program to stop working" message when closing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.