Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"how do I unlock my ipad mini (first version)?"

How do I unlock my ipad mini? Person I bought it from said it was unlocked but it is not and he hasn't a clue as to how or when or by whom it was unlocked. It was an AT&T item but when I go to their site and enter the IMEI, they have no record (I do not have an AT&T account). Need help. Many thanks.

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.1, how to unlock

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 2:40 PM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 3:04 PM in response to georgiafromsierravista

It sounds as if the iPad was Activation Locked as described here:

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

If in fact the iPad is Activation Locked, you will never be able to unlock it unless you contact the original owner and have that person release it as described in the above article.

Enter the serial number at this website to check Activation Lock status for sure:

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Oct 7, 2015 3:37 PM in response to georgiafromsierravista

If you are trying to activate an iPad or iPhone and it is asking for a previous owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost iPad or iPhone. You have no alternative. You must contact the previous owner to get permission to use the device. If you cannot contact the previous owner return the device to where you bought it and demand a refund. You will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it.

"how do I unlock my ipad mini (first version)?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.