Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview is miserably failing in El Capitan

Alright, I really regret updating to El Capitan. All of the bugs that were there in the beta release seem to have gotten even worse. The main problem I am having is with Preview. Every time I try to open a PDF file, it simply crashes. With any photos above 8MP in quality, the image appears for a second, then turns entirely green. Anyone know what's happening here?

yes I am aware this question is located in the incorrect group, that is because i wasn't smart enough to change it to the correct group.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11), Preview failing

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 2:54 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 3:50 PM in response to DaSamNudge

Here is a Preview problem that has troubleshooting strategies in the latter part of the thread > Preview gets stuck trying to open all stored pdfs

It certainly looks like Preview and El Cap are not playing nice.

On a parallel path, go here > http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html -- then menu choices "Bug Report..." then "Applications/Utilities"

Tell your Story "clinically" and in detail if you hope to be taken seriously by whomever reads the feedback

best luck

ÇÇÇ

Preview is miserably failing in El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.