Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2012 macbook pro question mark with folder before and after ssd swap

Hello everyone. I'm experiencing a problem with my Macbook pro. My problem started when my laptop crashed and rebooted with a question mark. So i brought it to my universities tech department to check it out and they came to a conclusion that it was a hard drive failure after multiple resets, for a lack of better terms. So they told me to buy a new hard drive. I bought a Samsung 850 Evo ssd and when they were installing it today, they STILL came across the question mark folder. Is there anything wrong with or anything that I can do to fix this? Thank you for your help!

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.1.2, null

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 2:56 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 4:23 PM in response to Sayanando

Your choice of a Samsung SSD is problematic. These forums have many successes posted and many problems as well. May I point out that the Samsung web site does NOT mention Mac compatibility.

That said, test the SSD by installing it in an enclosure and connect it externally to the MBP via USB. If it works, replace the internal SATA cable. If it does not, get an OWC or Crucial SSD.

Ciao.

Late 2012 macbook pro question mark with folder before and after ssd swap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.