Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c won't turn on?

Alright, so last night I had dropped my phone on it's back from pocket height (probably about 2 1/2'-3') and I picked it up. The phone was not shattered, but the screen slowly faded to black. The screen would light up and the phone made noise, but then I turned it off. The phone won't turn on now, the screen doesn't light up, it doesn't make noise or vibrate, and when plugged into my computer, the computer will recognize that there's something plugged in (the usb plugged in "bu-dum" as well as the unplugged noises will go off) and installs the "Apple Mobile Device USB" driver software . I believe it's a hardware issue, but I've tried unplugging the Digitizer, LCD, and the front facing camera and sensor and plugging them in to no avail. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I'm running iOS 9.0.1, btw.

EDIT: iTunes recognized the device and is now updating it to 9.0.2 in attempt to fix a problem that had apparently caused it to need this and put it in recovery mode. It mentioned that if it did not work after the update, the iPhone would have to be restored to factory settings. Screen still has no light or image, and buttons do nothing. It is in the process of updating right now.

EDIT: Update was stopped and I was asked to type the passcode. Screen hasn't changed.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.0.1, null

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 3:16 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5c won't turn on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.