Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus screen repair instore

I accidentally dropped my iPhone 6 plus and subsequently broke the screen.
It is still in warranty till April 2016 so I took it into the Southgate Apple store who advised an out of warranty screen replacement at the cost of £99, payable after the screen had been replaced and when I came to pick it up the next day,
Upon reaching the store this afternoon, the Apple Genius said unfortunately we couldn't put a new screen on however we have a replacement for £200 ish.
I said I would make do with the smashed screen and leave it as it was.
He then took my phone out of the protective wrapping, and attempted to turn it on however it came up with low battery and said it would need charging when I got home to use it again.
Thinking nothing of it, I took my iPhone home and plugged it in only to find it came up with the connect to itunes picture.
I connected the iPhone to my laptop and began a itunes restore, however this gets stuck halfway and returns the error code 53. I have tried restoring and updating and neither of these work. I have tried a different laptop and computer which also return the same error.

My iPhone now does not work, it was returned to me supposedly "as it was" when I submitted it for a screen replacement, however it will not go past this screen.

The phone was working perfectly before, software, LCD, home button and Touch ID were performing as they should.

When I took the phone in, the Genius performed diagnostics which said the phone was all good.
Are there any suggestions?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 3:36 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 6 Plus screen repair instore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.