Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help using Apple Configurator 2

In the original apple configurator I was able to add apps and once I gave out an iPad someone else was able to launch them. It seems with Apple configurator 2 I am no longer able to install apps on iPads without it prompting me to login with my Apple ID on each device. So once the app is pushed to an iPad if a user tries to launch the app it asks them for their Apple ID and if it is not the one I used the app closes. Is there any way around this am I not doing this right? Multiple users will be using these iPads and I do not want to give out my Apple ID. Thanks for any help.

I've already looked for posts about this here: https://www.apple.com/support/business-education/apple-configurator/ but Apple hasn't even updated their site to reflect the new version.

iPad, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 6:24 AM

I can't decide if this is a huge oversight from Apple or if we're doing something wrong!

I've tried backing up a device after setting it up with an iCloud account and then restoring that backup to other iPads to see if it carried the credentials but it just asked for the password to the account when starting it up. Useless!

I love how Apple release stuff without any form of useful help.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 6:24 AM in response to cody_gsu

I can't decide if this is a huge oversight from Apple or if we're doing something wrong!

I've tried backing up a device after setting it up with an iCloud account and then restoring that backup to other iPads to see if it carried the credentials but it just asked for the password to the account when starting it up. Useless!

I love how Apple release stuff without any form of useful help.

Oct 12, 2015 6:32 AM in response to cody_gsu

Problem with that is that you have to already have Configurator 1 installed on the Mac as they've removed it from the AppStore.

I did have one thought in that if you 'purchase' the free apps through the VPP store instead of the standard iTunes store it might work but have not had time to try it yet. Reason I think this might work is because when apps are bought through the VPP store they don't actually belong to anyone unless assigned to a user. Worth a go if you have a VPP account.

If you try it and it works, let me know! 🙂

Oct 12, 2015 4:48 PM in response to cody_gsu

The trick is to purchase the app from the VPP store (even though it's free).

Once you've done that, you sign in with your VPP account on Configurator instead of your normal iTunes store account and it'll come up so you can apply it as if it was a paid app to the iPads.

There's very little documentation on the Apple support site about Configurator, it'll be nice when an actual guide comes along with useful instructions...

Help using Apple Configurator 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.