Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how well does el captain work comparing to yosemitie

How well is the El Captain working in comparison to Yosemite. Not sure if if should download new operating system. I know for Yosemite it seems longer to boot up to get to my login page, when I turn on my computer. Use to have snow leopard.

iMac

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:28 PM

6 replies

Oct 20, 2015 8:05 AM in response to Techno hater

Installed on 5 Macs here without any major issues so far, all quite different

with very different purposes.

Have come across 1 minor issue (some would call it a "sky is falling issue")

is Adobe Bridge CS6 (and apparently CC) will not automatically upload from

cameras or recognize them. Yet Adobe Lightroom does (great reuse of code Adobe).

I was able to use Image Capture and even my ancient Canon upload tool (again kudos to

Adobe for making long term usable code for such a basic function). As I said I consider it

minor as there are very quick and easy workarounds for it until Adobe deals with it (if they ever do).

If you decide to upgrade, at a bare minimum, back up all of your data (should be doing this anyway). The majority of upgrades

go without issues however any thing can happen. In addition, make sure any apps that you depend on are

compatible with El Capitan.

Oct 20, 2015 8:04 AM in response to Techno hater

Techno hater wrote:

How well is the El Captain working in comparison to Yosemite. Not sure if if should download new operating system. I know for Yosemite it seems longer to boot up to get to my login page, when I turn on my computer. Use to have snow leopard.

No problems at all with any of my 3 Macs. In my house we have an iMac, Mac Mini & a MacBook Air, all installed perfectly and have been running smoothly.

how well does el captain work comparing to yosemitie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.