Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes 12.3 deleting songs takes forever/wheel of death

I have the latest version of iTunes and every time I tried to delete a track/put it in the trash I get the beach ball/wheel of death. It takes a minute just to put up one track in the trash. I have eight gig of memory and running a 2009 iMac. Any answers to fix my problem? Thank you

Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:08 PM

Hi DJohnny,

I've had the same problem a few weeks ago myself. If I wanted to edit the track info or delete a track it would take forever when the spinning beach ball appeared. I couldn't figure out why until I notice that my music folder was over 300 GB. Between that and the space that the operating system consumed, I had very little hard drive space. My mac only had a 500GB hard drive. After I moved my music to an external drive, my iTunes response is much snappier and there's no more spinning beach ball if I edited a track information or delete a track. I hope that help you a little.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 4:08 PM in response to DJohnny

Hi DJohnny,

I've had the same problem a few weeks ago myself. If I wanted to edit the track info or delete a track it would take forever when the spinning beach ball appeared. I couldn't figure out why until I notice that my music folder was over 300 GB. Between that and the space that the operating system consumed, I had very little hard drive space. My mac only had a 500GB hard drive. After I moved my music to an external drive, my iTunes response is much snappier and there's no more spinning beach ball if I edited a track information or delete a track. I hope that help you a little.

ITunes 12.3 deleting songs takes forever/wheel of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.