Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rss Feed rejected more than once... Please Help

As you can see im having a lot of trouble getting my feed onto iTunes. I use souncloud as a host then feedburner to customize and control my feed. Ive copied a link to the feed below please help, thanks.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/Michael-Fearon-The-Rebound

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 3:15 AM

Apple's habit of rejecting a feed without giving a reason is extremely unhelpful. The most likely explanation for your rejection is that your podcast consists of 'mixes' of (presumably) comercially issued recordings. This is a breach of copyright, and forbidden by the Terms of Use for podcasting. (It can also get you sued if a copyright owner notices and feels litigous.) This sort of podcast, once the Store staff detect what it is, is always going to be rejected.

You can use 'podcast-safe' music (Google on the phrase); if you do this you should make it clear in the description that that is what you are doing.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 3:15 AM in response to MFearon

Apple's habit of rejecting a feed without giving a reason is extremely unhelpful. The most likely explanation for your rejection is that your podcast consists of 'mixes' of (presumably) comercially issued recordings. This is a breach of copyright, and forbidden by the Terms of Use for podcasting. (It can also get you sued if a copyright owner notices and feels litigous.) This sort of podcast, once the Store staff detect what it is, is always going to be rejected.

You can use 'podcast-safe' music (Google on the phrase); if you do this you should make it clear in the description that that is what you are doing.

Oct 7, 2015 5:33 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. I can see what you mean where would I go about putting that line for it to get accepted? And did you see anything else wrong with the feed? Or was the rest okay? It's just that feedvalidator brings up one problem that I don't know how to fix, something about image title not matching.

Thanks again.

Oct 7, 2015 2:46 PM in response to MFearon

I know there are other podcasts using copyright material: they are likely to be removed as soon as they get spotted. You don't have any right to use other people's copyright music, any more than if you were making physical copies and selling them at a garage sale. And as I mentioned, you lay yourself open to being sued, which could come expensive.

Rss Feed rejected more than once... Please Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.