Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airdrop

my macbook airdrop doesn't work .i don't know why ?

the last version OS X is too ridiculous .

what can i do ?????

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:26 PM

You need to tell us a bit more to help you..

What model Mac? What airport? What are you doing transfer wise.. Mac to iOS or Mac to Mac??

This is a good article.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/airdrop-not-working-troubleshoot-file-transfer-woes /

There are lots of hidden problems in this half-baked technology..

Same iCloud accounts.. uppercase id.. loads of stupid stuff that any decent bug fixer would have handled long ago.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 11:26 PM in response to saeed tag

You need to tell us a bit more to help you..

What model Mac? What airport? What are you doing transfer wise.. Mac to iOS or Mac to Mac??

This is a good article.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/airdrop-not-working-troubleshoot-file-transfer-woes /

There are lots of hidden problems in this half-baked technology..

Same iCloud accounts.. uppercase id.. loads of stupid stuff that any decent bug fixer would have handled long ago.

Oct 24, 2015 9:01 PM in response to saeed tag

I've been chatting with the Senior Advisors for hours yesterday and today. We've been trying everything to solve this problem of mine. My Airdrop of my MBA cannot be searched by other iOS devices. However, other iOS devices are doing the jobs just fine. Therefore, we know something is wrong with the MBA 2013.

We've tried resetting NVRAM, SMC, wireless network, reinstall the OS X, change a different router, setting up a test account, and other things too.

However, none of above worked for me.

At the end, he asked me what kind of third party apps I have, and i gave him a list of the app i have. (I was really hopeless at that time and thought that it was not the problem for sure, however, we have already tried everything, why not one more)

Out of so many apps, he asked me to delete "Dr Cleaner, Memory Clean, and the unarchiver", I did not want to troubleshoot anymore, so i just deleted those and restarted the MBA.

You know what!? IT WORKS! WOW!!🙂😁

Hope this helps other people like me having trouble with the AirDrop.

Good Luck!

Cy

airdrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.