Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s keeps dropping wifi

I got my iPhone 6s on launch day. I've been having trouble with the wifi connection since day one. Even before I got through the initial setup it was having trouble with wifi. Since then I've had constant problems with it staying connected when I'm at home. I'll try to send a text from my iPad and it will fail because the iPhone is not connected to the network. I'll look at the phone and It'll say LTE. As soon as I open settings it reconnects to wifi. If I just leave it sitting on the wifi screen I can see it constantly dropping the connection and then reconnecting. Occasionally it wont reconnect, even though I can clearly see my router on the list below and when I click on it it reconnects.

I've done a full reset of the phone and reset the network settings twice. It still has issues. Has anyone else had this problem? Could this be a hardware issue? Or is there some known software problem?

My router is a TP-Link 2.4Ghz 802.11n model that's a few years old. It has the latest firmware and I never have any issues with any other devices connected to it, including my iPad Air.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 7:10 PM

I also have this problem, and I have wifi assist off, as well as wifi networking. It's not a router issue. I just switched from an iPhone 5 that never had any wifi issues anywhere I went. Now all my frequent spots (work, home, coffee shop) all lose the signal, and sometimes I have to re-enter the password as if it totally forgot the network. Very frustrating.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 7:10 PM in response to Robert Haddix

I also have this problem, and I have wifi assist off, as well as wifi networking. It's not a router issue. I just switched from an iPhone 5 that never had any wifi issues anywhere I went. Now all my frequent spots (work, home, coffee shop) all lose the signal, and sometimes I have to re-enter the password as if it totally forgot the network. Very frustrating.

Dec 15, 2015 12:50 AM in response to Robert Haddix

bought the iphone 6s plus 128 GB, the costliest phone on planet and i think made the biggest mistake of my life.

did all that you did. even upgraded to ios 9.2 wifi drops like anything.

submitted the device to apple and they kept under observation for 2 business days and say that it does not drop.

i even made a 4 k video of the dropping but they just dont want to help.

i even contacted a chat lady in Us and she said it beyond her jurisdiction to help in India.

this is getting too troublesome to use.

Was wondering if i should sell it on ebay for 1 INR to get their attention ?

Dec 15, 2015 5:12 PM in response to Robert Haddix

Exact same issue here, but with iPhone 6s Plus. I get the same excuse at sprint, working on the towers. I keep telling them my iPad Air 2, iPhone 6 Plus, and our 5s never have the issue. I even have data issues when all our other devices connect just fine in public and mine is still searching to connect. Newest ios update didn't help it. They need to understand it is becoming a problem and fix it or replace our phones.

Mar 15, 2016 1:08 AM in response to Robert Haddix

I bought an iPhone 6s in November 2015. It worked fine until last couple of weeks, and suddenly it can't stay connected to wifi. Data connection is fine. I see lots of people have the same problem but I see 0 useful responses. Has anyone resolved this problem? Any idea what to do? Does Apple ever respond to problems like this? I have never paid so much for a phone in my life and really waffled about doing so. Now I find out a cheap Xiao Mi would have been more reliable. Love this phone when it feels like working.

iPhone 6s keeps dropping wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.