Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just installed El Capitan on a Macbook Pro v3.1. I got a message that I need to install Java Developer Tools. Where do I find them?

Where can I find Java Developer Tools?

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 3:41 PM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2015 6:41 PM in response to Johnb-one

Hi JB,

Thanks for your response. I had exactly the same question, i.e., why would I need to install them? I did find the tools at oracle.com, downloaded it and installed it. I did that three or four times, but I still got the same message that I needed to install Java Developer Tools. At one point, a dialog box came up and said it was running a test to see if the Java was installed and the test said it was installed correctly and was available. After going through all that, it has really become an annoyance for that popup to open several times while I'm searching for something using Safari.

I just installed El Capitan on a Macbook Pro v3.1. I got a message that I need to install Java Developer Tools. Where do I find them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.