Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

questions Aif vs Aiff ,iTunes and iPhone ?

what is the difference in Aif vs Aiff ? I have music in iTunes that I have made a copy from High Res to an Aiff and then transferred to my iPhone 5 and it won't sync so I can play while I am in the car what am I doing wrong ? Now I do see in my iTunes library Aif files where did these come from ? What is the relationship of Aiff vs Aif ?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 3:28 PM

5 replies

Oct 6, 2015 7:47 PM in response to armjac

What exactly are the format specifications for this "high res"? As far as i know there is no difference between aif and aiff and I am wondering if you simply converted from one aiff to another with an extension variation.

Are the error messages more specific? If you really have "high res" it could be at some bitrate that the iPhone does not support.

Oct 7, 2015 9:30 AM in response to armjac

I haven't come across any recent documentation stating specifically which bitrates and sampling rates are supported on which devices -- Apple isn't very specific other than saying "supported" formats. 😟 I know those rates are somewhat non-standard and I would try downsampling to something more conventional as suggested by another poster. If that works you can then try higher rates until you find the actual limit.

Oct 7, 2015 9:18 PM in response to Limnos

I understand that but I have 2 issues one I took the 24/96 and made a Aiff in iTunes ? I can listen in iTunes of course

second I can't get it to sync with my iPhone no matter how I try .

This is a wonder just to let you know as well I did have it sync once and then next time I plugged my phone with my MacMini is left the phone and now it won't sync to the phone

drivin me nuts !

questions Aif vs Aiff ,iTunes and iPhone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.