Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv showing icon to be connected to iTunes when connected to iTunes it gives error apple tv could not be restored getting error 1611, have tried different micro usb cables, please suggest a specific brand for micro usb also i have lost my remote

apple tv showing icon to be connected to iTunes when connected to iTunes it gives error apple tv could not be restored getting error 1611, have tried different micro usb cables, please suggest a specific brand for micro usb also i have lost my remote any way to reset my apple tv

please help

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:17 PM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2015 5:08 PM in response to stalkerc

Make sure there are no other USB devices connected. The micro usb cable will not work if it only capable for charging (needs to transfer data) or if was bundled /made for a specific device. You can also take to Apple to have them restore. Once restored you would need a remote in order to set it up again so if you are unable to borrow one you would need to purchase a replacement.

Apple TV: Unable to restore using iTunes - Apple Support

apple tv showing icon to be connected to iTunes when connected to iTunes it gives error apple tv could not be restored getting error 1611, have tried different micro usb cables, please suggest a specific brand for micro usb also i have lost my remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.